Overview of Activities
The strength of the Consortium lies in the capabilities of its members to conduct research and/or to use research results in policy analysis and advice. One of the major purposes of Consortium activities is to enhance the quality, relevance, and reach of the analytical output of Consortium members. Activities are designed to enhance and disseminate the research output of the membership by providing for:
- the exchange of ideas on current and emerging trade policy issues;
- the constructive review of research at all stages ranging from planning to completion;
- the interchange of ideas among academic, government and business researchers, and between researchers and individuals involved in the formulation and implementation of policy;
- the exposure to, and critique of, advances in theory, analytic techniques, and models; and
- events that encourage formation of informal research networks and collaboration.
In order to meet these objectives the Consortium sponsors:
- Annual General Meetings of the membership,
- Public Trade Policy Research and Analysis Symposia (Public Symposia), and
- Outreach Activities which are often carried out in partnership with other academic, governmental, and multilateral research institutions from around the globe.