Participation in activities of the IATRC provides members with the opportunity to influence improvement in the quality and relevance of international agricultural trade, engage in collaborative research with other members, interact among researchers and analysts in several countries, in universities and in government engaged in trade research and to improve their general understanding of international trade and trade policy issues.
In addition to participating in IATRC’s annual meetings and public symposia, members are encouraged to get involved by:
- Submitting ideas for theme days and symposia,
- Proposing ideas for new activities (e.g., workshops, forums, briefings, roundtables) and/or web content for IATRC, or for IATRC in partnership with other organizations,
- Publishing working papers,
- Organizing special sessions for annual meetings, or
- Serving on the IATRC Executive Committee.